Hi, Gnashings.
I wouldn't think it would be too late to re-do your Canon...I actually have written re-sealing instructions for the AE-1 and many other popular models. They give a step by step walk-through of the process with images. In some (Nikons, for example) I also show how to safely remove/replace the focus screen for cleaning & re-sealing, and in some rangefinders (like Petri Racer), I also mention how to adjust the rangefinder with images. There are tips and hints in many of the instructions, actually. Of the models I remember off the top of my head:
Nikon FM series (FM, FM2, FM2n)
Nikon EM
Minolta SRT series
Canonet second series
Canon AE-1 style
Olympus OM-2s & similar (includes OM-1, but I'm still working on the databack supplement for the OM series)
Minolta Hi-Matics
Yashica FRII
Yashica Electro 35 series
Petri Racer
Olympus OM-10
Fujica AX-3 & similar
Yashica Lynx 5000
Olympus XA series (all)
A couple have been translated into other languages (Italian, mainly. Working on some in Spanish, one in French + a friend in France has written some similar articles in French--medium format mainly & I have his site.)

I'm happy to send these to those here who want them. I wrote them to be shared, and I'm writing more as time allows. Several are in progress now, but it takes a while to do it right. Contact me at Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com to request them, and please put light seal or something like that in the message line.

Also...big news...Rick Oleson and I have decided to combine the large light seal kit with his amazing and entertaining 20+ year compilation of tech/repair drawings on a CD, and that will be offered very soon. So, things are still happening to keep it interesting.
Jon