Quote Originally Posted by arigram
So, what do you think? I am an naÔve idiot to think that photography can help my life?
I am cursed to be an artist by birth. I canít do anything else, even if I tried. I never wanted to be an artist by profession though , but there it is, I canít do otherwise. I donít like commercial, applied arts (advertising, weddings, etc). I donít want to make my living off computers (because I have been dealing with them in depth for more than fifteen years and I donít like it).

Am I being stupidly unrealistic?

Well, Arigram, as George Bernard Shaw said in his novel "Man and Superman": "Reasonable man try to adjust himself to the world. Unreasonable man try to adjust the world to himself. That is why all progres on the world is upon unreasonable man".

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by arigram
As a side note, I have not been enjoying my life here at all. I barely have any friends or anything fun to do. I donít like the Greeks and their miserable attitude nor the backwards and depressing Greek society. future here doesnít promise much. I always felt and was treated like an alien here even before I left for the US. The newspaper has been all what is keeping me here and has not been doing very well for many years now. Yet, I will stick with it until the bitter end. I could leave for another country though. In the EU and possibly MediterraneanÖ
Well, come to Bosnia and Hercegovina, and when you return you will think Greece is paradise. For example, we in Bosnia even don't have chance for those EU programs. Because we here don't have those programs. Lucky you for live in EU...

Good luck