OK, If I see enough interest to warrant a run of anything, I will make it. The problem is that one guy who wants one knob for a camera that is rare beyond belief is appalled at the cost. If you want something for an unusual camera, please consider that the machinist has to do the research, order the material (there is always a minumum, so it costs maybe $100 to get the bar of unobtanium metal you need your knob made of. Then he has to match the knurling tool, another $50 and an hour and a half at the tool company. Then he has to set up his machines for one knob. One that he will never make again as long as the sun shines. When you see the hardware at Lowes and a similar knob (well really it is a plumbing fixture) sells for a quarter of a dollar you start thinking the guy hosed you. Well, not really. How much time was spent in communications? How many people bought the gizmo at Lowes? How much time did the manufacturer spend per part on research? Anyway, before I talk myself out of this, tell me if you need some parts, but if they are for something only you have, please expect sticker shock. If they are something common, maybe not so much. An example is due. I was making a bunch of screws for obsolete hand woodworking tools made by a company whose name begins with S. These were special screws for their long obsolete #55 hand plane. Impossible to find anywhere because the manufacturer used a special pitch screw so you would have to buy from them. Well, I made a couple hundred of the unobtaianable screws. The first tool dealer I talked to bought them all at $2 each and complained for hours about the price. At the next tool show, I saw him sell the last of them at $8 each. When he turned to me and asked for more, I said "Gee John, if you hadn't complained so loudly about how I was screwing you, I would be happy to fill your order". Anybody need any special parts?

Barry Young
barryjyoung@yahoo.com