I am still waiting to see what happens when digital cameras no longer need to increase pixel count (for consumers I think this has already happened). From what I hear 3 megapixels can make good 8x10's so who needs more? Eventually the consumer will be thinking "do I buy a 3 megapixel camera for 50 dollars or a 50 megapixel camera for 2,000 dollars?". It just seems there is no need to keep increasing pixel count for the consumer market (increasing pixel count seems to be the basis of their marketing engine). So they'll be left with consumers who do not want or need 50 mpixel cameras, then what, develop higher pixel counts for the professional market? I can see this now "Nikon 65 mpixel vs. Cannon 63 mpixel, vs. Sigma prototype 66 mpixel"... This will happen to the point a 20megapixel difference between models doesn't matter so who will buy the cutting edge models. Also there is the lens resolution to think about - can a lens resolve more detail that 50-100 megapixels? If not why buy a 300 megapixel camera if a lens can only record 100 megapixels? Seems like the digital market will tank when they hit these types of pixel levels. I'm no expert though...