I seem to remember in the 1980s when I was a traditional portrait studio, shooting and printing only color, that Kodak decided that to hell with pros, they would concentrate their resources on the amateur market. They felt that this was where the growth would be. They left us high and dry at that time along with the unpleasant fact that their color products faded in about two to five years after telling us that color was very stable.

In fact, this could be one of the reasons that they left us. We were constantly bitching that the prints were fading and they thought that going the consumer route that there was less, or no accountability.

Anyway I said goodby to Kodak at that time and I'm more that happy to renew that sentiment today. They have never been able to see which side of their bread the butter was on. Some companies are just too stupid to be in business.

I wish them all the luck in the world in their third world headquaters making digital cameras for the Chinese. Maybe there really is a reason that their boxes are yellow in color. Whoooooops, Sorry, very politically incorrect.

Michael McBlane