I have some prints ready to go into an exhibit. They are mounted on archival mat board. The gallery requires a label of some kind on the back of the mount, and I'm wondering what to use.

I know the traditional method has always been to use a rubber stamp and fill in the blanks, but I wonder if some kind of computer printed label would be safe. I looked particularly at clear labels made by Avery, thinking they would look nice showing through the color of the mat.

However, nothing on the package indicates what the labels are made of or what glue is used. They don't have an odor, so I know they are not vinyl. If they are some kind of inert plastic, I would think they would be fine if the glue is OK.

Anyone know anything about these or have any ideas other than the rubber stamp?