Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
No matter, I'm trying to support Freestyle more as they have a long history of supplying analog photography chemistry and papers. !
How does purchasing their depreciated stocks of Ilford rebaged papers--- that they purchased at fire-sale prices from Ilford when they were desperate for cash--- support Freestyle's tradition of supplying "analog" chemistries and papers? It (especially by announcing that it is Ilford) creates noise on the market to (intentionally or not) try to put obstacles in the path of Ilford's road to recovery--- haunted again by their old sins and misjudgements. Freestyle I see acting out of contempt in the role of a spurned wife. Stocking up on a mountain of these papers does nothing more than reduce your future demand for materials. It produces a short term increase in Freestyle's revenues but will (should you regularly purchase your materials from them) reduce your spending in the near future on paper from Freestyle and push the question of their commitment (as they try to find new markets) down the road. You will--- however much you print--- find yourself reflected in those statistics on the decline in B&W materials. Companies such as Ilford don't survive by people using materials but by purchasing their materials. The current trend to hoard film and papers does little more than exagerate the apparent decline from quarter to quarter. If you are truely concerned about supporting Freestyle in analog and supporting Ilford then I'd treat these papers as................