Lee has heard this from me, but I thought if I put out for others to read it might be helpful. I have not tried to achieve what he is trying but off the top of my head I felt the following might be worth a try:
1) Shoot low contrast scenes. Particularly ones that are predominantly lighter or pastel (I know obvious)
2) Do not protect against flare. In fact invite it. Shoot wide open. shoot into highly reflective areas or even into weaker light sources. Shoot w/o a lens shade.
3) try the above with a softening filter
4) Expose as normal and under develop (c41)
5) Over expose a fair amount (experiment but I suspect 2 stops) and under develop
6) try different combinations of the above.
7) I also agree that NC or even VC would be preferable to most of the Fuji line up.