Hi, all. I have been a bit scarce lately due to a hectic schedule (well, that's an understatement). Just for the record I will not stand in anyone's way when it comes to something like this. I find it all very exciting. Since I am so busy lately I can't contribute much right now, so would just be in a position to rubber stamp everything with my approval.

As for the 1st issue...

A while back I had an idea based on the Traveling Portfolio Project. That we publish an annual "APUG Portfolio". This could be an elegant publication similar to lenswork, showcasing the world's best in Traditional Photography. I imagine something done with class and over time becoming a highly anticipated event in the photography world. Something along the lines of 6-8 months of aquiring submissions, and several months of editing, then to the presses for high end reproduction.

It's just another suggestion. A way to test the waters and get our name on the news stands. Since it's an annual publication it can be sold for a decent price and maybe wrapped in plastic to prevent the look at it and leave it crowd...