Ian, my associates and I wrote much of this in technical reports during our tenure at Eastman Kodak. I have done extensive experimental work in this field. So, if you will, I quote myself and my peers using unpublished work. However, I have revealed nothing proprietary or counter intuitive.

In addition though, the pH tolerance is given in some patents pertaining to C41 and E6 both but all of the detailed formulas with detailed information were available in our little black book which I turned in when I retired. Naturally, quoting from that would reveal proprietary information, even if I could remember all of those formulas and other information.

Having worked extensively on the C41 process and film family, I feel confident that the information is accurate and informed. In any event, the 'bromide drag' effect is hardly new, nor is the effect of pH on development and contrast. The logical extension of drag to iodide and other inhibitors such as DIR fragments is hardly new or unexpected and the extension of these to image structure is obvious. Diffusion effects are discussed extensively in the literature as well.

You may wish to look up articles by Rodgers and Kapecki on the structure of color negative films for more detailed information on this type of effect. Kinetics is discussed well in Mees and James, and diffusion is discussed by Liang and Willis among others in their publications. Kriss discusses edge effects and micro contrast in his publications.

I hope that this satisfies you.

PE