Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
Very dangerous!! Though the hobby shop material often doesn't carry an adequate warning, if this is in fact acid it's hydrofluoric acid, and getting any of it on your skin can lead to deep, hideously painful acid burns that are very difficult to treat and extremely slow to heal. Even the very weak solution sold for glass etching is dangerous.

I agree 100% Donald, even the weak solutions sold in hobby shops can be very dangerous, I know, we experimented with it! anyone that chooses to use acid to make ground glass, must take the proper precautions as it will cause very serious burns as you have stated.....I was not trying to suggest that anyone use acid, without taking the proper precautions for their health and well being, I am sorry if it came across that way, thanks for bringing this very important point up.

Dave