I have a couple of rolls I had done by them a year or two ago. I have to locate them and compare the prints...

I'm not one for complaining (much) and I probably won't bother A&I about these. Either this is how they do proofs now or they screwed up a bit. These prints are not worth going through a complaint and reprint. I have a half dozen more mailers and will hopefully use them at some point which will give me a future comparison. But if this is how they do proofs now, I won't be happy about it... Worse comes to worse, I'll go back to developing the film myself and running contacts for proofing...

But the only questions here was, is there any place that currently does optical proofs for 120 color negs? I'm getting the impression that it's a lost art...

And who says the 70's weren't good? ;-)

And Glen... Did you check the prints with a loupe? I use an old Agfa 8X. The standouts are circles (my memorable example of a person wearing a light colored shirt with a dark grass background, bent over to make an arc), and signs with lettering. The jaggies are really only horizontal (I think?) but very obvious with the loupe... With stuff like branches and grass, it just looks maybe 'blurry', just not sharp... My film was 120 Portra 160 VC also...