Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
I use 40x40 cm frames for all my work, ranging from 15x15, 20x20 and 30x30, I don't think it's the frame that makes the difference, it's the passepartout (don't know if this is the right word, but I mean the cardoard between the edge of the photo to the beginning of the frame)
I love adding new words to my vocabulary so I looked this one up.
2 a : 5MAT b : a method of framing in which a picture, a mat, a glass, and a back (as of cardboard) are held together by strips of paper or cloth pasted over the edges
3 : a strong paper gummed on one side and used especially for mounting pictures

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread, I always learn something at APUG.ORG.