It has been a bit of time since my last post. I doubt that my limited knowledge was missed, though I suspect you will all be glad to have reason to purvey my stunning avatar once again.

I must say dumb is the feller who asks first and reads the manual later. Dumb is what I am.

As mentioned in my opening to this thread, The previous owner of this particular Wing-Lynch, treated their equipment very well. What I didn't mention is that they had the original documentation and every (this is an assumption on my part) addendum published for the device (and water panel) up until 2002.

I have read the documentation (whoohoo!).

Found in section 2, immediately following installation and testing, anyone with a handful of obliging brain cells and the ability to read would find not one (1) but three (3) methods for cleaning a wing-lynch 4e.

The easiest and most straight forward way to clean this film processor is to fill it with water and run it through the cycles. The wing-lynch allows the user to set the amount of chemicals to be used and the ability to skip through steps. The former allows one to use the appropriate amount of chemistry for the amount of film being processed or, for the purposes of this discussion, set the amount to a high level to push through as much effluence (in this case it isn’t chemistry as much as water and whatever waste it was able to leech off the walls of the tank) as possible. The latter allows the user to push all the chemistry through the machine in a relatively short period of time by dumping the chemistry being used once the trough has been filled. It also does a reasonably good job of cleaning out the system.

After initiating this post I filled the tanks with distilled water and a tablespoon of household bleach and let the device sit until I had time to address it. Although I was cautioned about using bleach in the tanks, I was more concerned about algae. My thoughts were that I would thoroughly flush the bleach out once I figured out how.

It has been one of the more costly and hectic summers of recent memory and so the wing-lynch sat unused.

About a week ago I decided to see about getting the processor up and running. It has become apparent to me that processing film at the level I require is something within my skill set and budget. I read the manual (whoohoo!) and hooked the sucker up. It required a drain, some water (two lines one each for hot and cold) and a tank of nitrogen. The previous owners had purchased and therefore supplied me with two water filters (2) , a wing-lynch water temperature control device (WP2), and a gas regulator. My job was rather simple. I needed to run about 14 feet of pvc for a drain, a like amount of copper tubing for a water supply and purchase and connect a tank of nitrogen. The procedure took about 2 days. Upon completion of the water hook-up I discovered the WP2 had a cracked water solenoid valve that made it inoperable and somewhat leaky.

I ordered a new solenoid valve.

In the interim I soft plumbed (?) a water supply to the Wing-lynch. I tested it as per the manual (yeaha!) and flushed the system or as much as I could.

This particular Wing-Lynch has two ‘decks,’ an upper deck that contains C41 chemicals and a lower deck for two (2) B&W developers and fix. The tank that would contain fix in the lower deck cannot be pumped out. This tank contained the greatest amount of sediment, which may be blocking the flow. It also was disconnected from the upper deck at one time and may not have been properly reconnected or the feed line may be done. In any event, either issue is manageable – more than likely I’ll find an answer in one of the manuals.

So, the tanks are mostly clean, the processor operates as stated, and the times are right on as are the chemical temperatures. In addition to the solenoid valve I’ve ordered c41 chemistry. I will begin testing with color negative film later this week.

Couple other Items worth noting about this thing are that it has a chiller plate to help keep the B&W chemicals at tempeture and a bleach replenishment system. The chiller plate will probably not be used (the thing sits in my basement which seldom reaches 60°), but the bleach replenishment could be a real money saver.

Thank you to all that answered my original post and I apologize for not doing a little investigation prior to asking.