Aggie - My only concern with complaining too much is that the guy who heads the monitors is also one of the people who do the portfolio reviews for the MFA. From my prior experience in academia, I know that there are some "interesting" personality types out there. I am a bit reticent to piss anyone off. Especially since I have not-so-fond memories of a comm teacher last time who argued with on the particulars of a term paper. Which was odd because her arguement was based in the fact that her SISTER had a different experience than the person I interviewed.

It ended up nailing my GPA in that class.

One thing I need to do is look at where I am sticking the enlarger. The main counter area has a huge mirror behind it (so that has to get blocked off) and has 45 degree angle at one end. So I may have to build out from that.

One other, kind of wacky, but possibly do-able, idea is this.....

Get one of those plastic sheds they sell at Home Depot, seal it up, and shove it in the back yard.

Then I'd install a sink and everything else.

For water, I would run two hoses through the wall. One in, one out. The in hose would go to the faucet outside and hook into the sink.

The OUT hose will be trickier. But I thought I could do this....

Build a sump under the sink. Maybe 20 gallons. Install an automated sump pump. Waste water is then pumped out and along a hose into the nearest sanitary sewer drain (most likely the sink in my kitchen) as needed. I have seen this done once before. And it worked.

Any comments? It might give me more space, and the wife would be much happier....

Except when the bill came....