There are people (like myself) who use monorail cameras (Gowland in my case--8x10" and 4x5", and I also have a folding Linhof Tech V) in the field for landscapes, but they can be a little cumbersome to transport and set up. You might want to try one out before committing.

The attraction of a monorail is that you get more movements usually, and having symmetrical movements on the front and rear standards makes things more intuitive. On the other hand, landscape photography doesn't require extensive movements, so a simpler camera will often do. The 45CX isn't too heavy for a monorail (about 8 lbs according to the manufacturer), though some would find that a bit much for field use (of course it's not so unusual to use an 8 or 9 lb. 8x10" camera in the field, so this should be taken with some perspective in mind). Personally, I would find the 45CX to be too bulky for, say, a day hike. The long one-piece rail and oversized standards don't look like they would pack well. This kind of camera is usually carried in a trunk case where the two standards are compressed together and hang from the rail. The Gowland, Toho Shimo, Arca-Swiss F-line, and Lihnof Technikardan are more packable monorails.

Check out Kerry Thalmann's website at:

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/

He's written quite a lot about cameras and lenses that are lightweight and well suited to landscape use. He also has some good articles in _View Camera_ magazine on the subject.