Quote Originally Posted by huggyviking
Thanks to all for your feedback.

The work I mainly do is b&w but have recently gotten into E6 film a bit. I love old grain mills, historic buildings, people & animals in portraits, old vehicles, nature (tree roots, rocks), and some landscape.
I use rather small apertures now, but am getting more and more into shooting with larger apertures. Less f/16, and more f/8 and f/5.6. With MF and LF I'm on a tripod all the time, I don't even leave home without it.
I'm right now leaning towards Mamiya RB or RZ. I don't use the very largest apertures anyway.

Thanks again, everybody.

- Thom
I think that for what your shooting, and the fact that you use a tripod and have shot Lf, you would be a pretty good candidate for The RB or RZ. My RB (WL finder) weighs about as much as my 4x5 Graphic, just as bulky in a different way, and "my" lens & boards don't weigh as much as the Mamiya lenses; Your milage may vary. The thing that I love about the camera is the rotatable back. I still use a handheld meter since I don't have a metered finder, and any bellows extension without the metered finder has to be compensated. A good tripod head is in order. Filters are larger, and thus more expensive. I use my 645 for more sightseeing things, walkabouts and when I want to take a smaller tripod for longer hiles. I think that what you may want to consider is comparing using a rollfilm back on a LF camera to buying another system. For what you will save you could have a decent vacation to shoot. If your the type to shoot 2 backs, and say a couple of lenses plus filters, finder or handheld meter, your kit is right up there with a small LF camera and accessories. What makes me like to use the RB is the right side up image and ability to move the camera in hand to see different framing options. Then it's just a case of placing the tripod and setting the camera. IF you do think that you may want to try the 67 Mamiya, really consider the RZ which has some better features, although a RB is a really handy tent stake pounding tool.