I've been suggesting copper sulfate bleach, because copper sulfate is cheaper and easier to obtain than either potassium permanganate or potassium dichromate, and less toxic than either; I saw the reference to it in a page I found on B&W reversal processing. Unfortunately, I'm not finding it again now; Google is giving too many irrelevant hits and not showing what I want to see.

The copper sulfate-peroxide mixture is not a proper bleach; it's a bleach-etch, suitable mainly for mordancage type processes; it will destroy or greatly soften the gelatin wherever there is developed silver present. That is not the intent for a reversal bleach, and is primarily an effect of the peroxide. Copper sulfate in a sulfuric acid or sodium bisulfate solution is a true bleach, which I believe originally came from holography. Worth noting that holographers do NOT want their emulsion eaten away; rather, it needs to shrink or expand in proportion to density in order to induce phase change in the viewing light.

I might note that while searching for the original page where I saw this formula, I found references from Kodak about a ferricyanide/persulfate reversal bleach, but I don't know if this is usable for B&W or if it rehalogenates like C-41 and E-6 bleaches. I don't see how a plain ferricyanide bleach could rehalogenate in the absence of halogen ions in solution, yet Farmer's Reducer seems to do just that; perhaps the persulfate would convert the silver to soluble sulfate instead of an insoluble halide.

I did find a formula for a rehalogenating copper bleach, pretty much like permanganate bleach with KBr added (and leaving out the KBr should give a non-halogenating bleach), including the sulfuric acid. If you have a permanganate formula, use the same amount of sulfuric acid, and subsitute the same number of moles of sulfate in the form of copper sulfate, as there were of pemanganate in the form of potassium permanganate.