I have tendency to look at simple things and mistakenly think, "Oh that would be easy to make!" and then get really pi**** off when it resembles a Homer Simpson BBQ, but....

I have a Nova 5 slot and it looks like sheets of acrylic bonded together, which could be simple to copy...

Acrylic is not that expensive, glue/resin or whatever adhesive is required is unlikely to break the bank, so have I failed to notice the diamond impregnated dividers that justify the 540 cost of a 20x24 12 slot? The inlet looks like a very simple garden/ plumming fitting, the outlet is a tube....

Anyone got any tips? I know of people making fish tanks with silica gel and glass that can withstand enormous pressure, so would this be any different in principle (using plastic of course). Presumably the correct plastic and suiatable adhesive is key.

As usual, I would be able to look my wife in the eye a little easier if I were able to make it for a snippet of the retail cost (sound familiar?). She was really please with my mongrel easel, negating the need for a new 20x24!

Cheers,

Tom