I made the same type of washer as Juan. Aquarium with plexi dividers held up with PVC pipe. I drilled holes in the pvc pipe for each compartment asnd stuck a tube into the pipe. I siphon from the center of the pipe. This lets me drain each area more or less evenly. I have tested for residual fixer and have found good results after soaking for 15 minutes, then draining 1/2 the auarium and refilling. Following another 30 minute soak they are clean. There is no reason to slowly run water with this setup, so I just fill with a hose. I can wash 6 11x14 prints with this setup and I think it cost about $50 and 1 hour to make.