After having a nice phone conversation with Michael Smith last night, I decided to try his formula in todays printing session. Michael commented that my exposure times might be too long, leading to a certain uncontrollability in the developer.

I shortened my exposure times and used a timer to accurately monitor the time in the developer. I must say, things went MUCH better than in the past. The average time for the image to start appearing was about 10 seconds, and I averaged between 30 and 40 seconds in the developer and the remainder of the one minute development time was in the water bath.

So, now I've got the hang of Michaels amidol formula, but am out of paper...the next shipment is hopefully on it's way :-)