Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
I'll go along with the OM lovers. Avoid the 2 spot and the straight 4 as they eat batteries, but the 1n, 2n, 3 and 4Ti are all lovely and very robust and reliable, despite their compact build.

David.
My OM of choice happens to be the OM 2S and although I've heard of the battery eating problems. can't say that I've ever experienced it. The circuits in them can go out and when that happens, you have a parts body on your hands as you can't get them fixed. Before someone tells me what an idiot I am and that I don't know what I'm talking about, let me just say that I have 5 or 6 OM 2S camera bodies, as well as at least one of all the other single digit OMs with the exception of the 3Ti, so I do have a choice about which OM body I use. For good, quick and accurate metering on the fly, the 2S is my choice. Does that mean I would suggest someone seek out the OM 2S? Not really and I wouldn't tell them to cross it off the list. There are no cameras that I have found which have a manufacturers warrantee on their 25 to 30 year old cameras. Zuiko optics are great, offering some super choices from wide through telephoto and including some of the best macro gear available. The OM system is a great one and I'll probably use it for the rest of this incarnation. An Om 2S will probably always have a spot in my 35mm film kit. Bill Barber