Quote Originally Posted by foxyscootie
Hi all, I'm Valerie, an amateur photog in Huntsville, AL. I have been lurking on apug for a few months, but this is my first post, seeking opinions on Nikon F bodies...

I am considering either a used F4s or a used F5. I have purchased Nikon AF lenses(50mm/1.8 & 24mm/2.8) for the body & was dead set on getting the F4s until someone offered me a deal on an F5. Now I'm not sure which is better. All the research has my head spinning. So I come to the wonderful APUG community for opinions on either body.

My decisions for choosing the F4s were based on the fact that I could afford lower priced, better quality MF lenses over AF lenses. While I'm sure I want most of my cash(ha, ha) to go into fast glass, I do need a sturdy dependable body & all the research says both bodies provide this with the F5 being significantly heavier than the F4.

So...do you have any thoughts on either body?
Hi Val, we love to have those lurking about come out in the open. I have a Nikon F4 and have loved it from the day I got i. I don't know anything about the F5 but the F4 is a work horse. It's great for people like me who are hard on equipment. I highly recomment it. The F4 is plenty heavy so I would look at the added features for the addition weight. Good Luck