[quote="john_s"]I

Is there a reason that in the massive amount of info that Sandy has produced and generously presented to us, there is no graph for HP5+ at 100+1+1 dilution? Obviously long development times might be an issue for some people, but an extra 5min would not bother me.

Yes, there is a reason. In fact two reasons.

First, I am primarily an alternative printer and for my own work use almost exclusively the 2:2:100 dilution. For the broader benefit of Pyrocat-HD users I have done some testing with the 1:1:100 dilution but not nearly so much as with the 2:2:100 dilution.

Second, every single one of the CI charts provided represents at least 3-4 hours of time. This includes:

1. Exposing five sheets of film for exactly the same time to a 21-point step wedge.
2. Developing each of the sheets of film for a different time (calculated from about 0.5X normal to 2X normal, assuring temperature control of +/- 0.5 degrees for all stages of processing.
3. Reading the densities of each of the five sheets at all 21 points of the step wedge. (5X21 readings = 105 total) Different readings are required for silver papers/AZO (Blue reading) and alternative processes (UV reading).
4. Entering the data into WinPlotter. (5X21 entries = 105 total)
5. Analysis of the curves and transfer of the graphics from WinPlotter to PhotoShop to Word.

As you can see, providing useful testing information takes a lot of time. If there are other WinPlotter users who would be interested in running tests and sharing the data for films (and/or dilution) that are not covered in the article I would be very interested in including CI charts of these tests, with credits.

Sandy