Try going to an automotive supply. They usually have a section with "O" rings in slide-out trays. You can find one which will slide onto the lens barrel and make up the difference so your adapter can screw onto the outer edge of the "O" ring. They come in many sizes and thicknesses. You may spend a little time, but they are very cheap, less than a dollar for three.