You know... I'm working on my BFA... so .... there is still a way ahead of me.. although I'm wading into my third year with pleasure.
I definetly am not stopping at the BFA level, and intend to head off for an MFA. Where? - wherever recognized artists whithin my genre are currently working and teaching! I've thought of CalArts, b/c of Jo Ann Callis, and I recently discovered that although Robert Heinecken is no longer teaching, his long time partner is teaching in New Mexico...
What I'm getting at, is that as I approach the place where I want to get my work in front of galleries, and more importantly- buyers, AND I want to secure myself a position teaching photography, what has become paramount is WHO is teaching... not where. The idea being that you will learn alot more from someone who has experience in the area of art that you practice, not to make you into a clone, but because they have spent years thinking and working in a particular vein, they will be best suited to push you further down the road...

Whether someone gets warped or not by the people/departments they come into contact with has alot to do with the personalities involved, and less, I believe, than simple "they are going to put me in their box" . . .

Just my two cents. I'm sure everyone's mileage will vary.