Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791
What does this ilford tool look like? I bought all my darkroom kit on ebay as a job lot and there is this Ilford thing with a dial and little lights that light up as you turn it. It is white and about 4" long by 1.5" wide.

Mabey this is the thing!!
Sounds like the Ilford EM-10 (EM =enlarging meter?). See this thread:
on how some people use it.

Search Ilford EM-10 in google to see some photos. I think there were a couple of versions over the years. I use a Beseler Analite 500 occasionally, which is essentially the same in function.