Just in case anyone had an interest...

Almost 3 months later and no luck. I got a call from Kelly's last week to confirm the repair. I asked "What the confirmation I gave 3 months ago, last time you called?"... So they found my confirmayion and credit card info in their computer and sent the camera to the tech...

Today I find out that the camera is not worth repairing! They didn't specify unavailable parts or a higher price. And only the tech would have more details, not the people who answer the phones... I don't have the camera back yet so I have no idea if they're going to charge me for this, but what a complete waste of time! Deffinitely not a good first impression out of Kelly's...

But I won't give up on the XK yet. I'll try Mark Hama again and I've now heard about Ken Ruth. Maybe they'll be more open to repairing an XK?

I just find it hard to believe that a camera that works 100% except for a slight 'stick' in the shutter at 1/2000 is completely un-repairable.... Maybe it broke in shipping or when they tested it? Maybe they had a spare part after opening it? I suppose I'll find out sooner or later....

Just thought I'd add the update...