Just in case anyone is curious I made some 'tests' with the pt & pd toning and the results are such that at some point I will continue trying this process. I am no chemist and it is entirely possible that I am no photographer either, however....

My greatest success was with a combination of 8 drops pd and 2 drops pt in 175ml seawater with 15ml acetic solution. I used this amount of toner on a 8x10 for 10 minutes. I seawater developed as usual then soaked for 60 seconds in pure seawater and then to the toning bath and then fixed as usual in seawater rapid fix. At first I thought the image had actually popped at least a grade in contrast from the untoned image but I think this is because of the deeper blacks. On looking at the image further something is happening in the midtones, the only way I can describe it is that there seem to be more of them, I know this does not make sense, I will do some step tablets for a less subjective answer.The colour of the image also shifted next to a selenium toned print it has a subtle hint of olive green but still cool and neutral... (But not that sick green of Ilford Warmtone).

So there you have it now there is only one thing left to decide... (nomenclature has been such an issue lately) what do I call my prints? Hmmmmmmm.... Pacific Silver Palladiums.......

Cheers Annie.