Pratip Malde would be an artist successfully using Mike Ware's method. I am certain there are others, notably Ware himself.
I have done develop-out print-out pl/pd, a particular marketing name of the latter being the Ziatype (my very first alternative process, incidentally). I did never try out Ware's method, though I intended several times, for two reasons: 1) getting/cooking two particular substances, ammonium palladium chloride and ammonium platinum chloride
2) humidification. I have extensively practiced Mike Ware's New Chrysotype process which also crucially depends on humidification *after* coating, and made several humidification chambers (cat litter trays with a board as lid on them). This is quite space-andtime-consuming, and I find it difficult to control in detail without elaborate technology. For instance, I like to do double prints (the same motive extending over two negatives), and it is quite difficult to get exactly the same colour in both prints in the Chrysotype process.

It might be worth to try NaPt as a contrast agent in Mike Ware's chemistry, but as I said, I never tried.
As far as his critique of FO goes, I find it easy and convenient to make my own FO from Iron(II) Oxalate.
Btw, a *very* good wesite of Pt/Pd peinting is the one of Jeffrey Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathi...title_page.htm
He lists up the different approaches of print-out and develop-out.
Sullivan and Weese also give a good overview.
I do have a much older instruction of Arentz here, and I think Ware's critique of him describing just one method is basically quite valid, as are at least some of Ware's reservations against LiPd (used in the "Ziatype").