I am sure most of you have read Adam Gottlieb’s article with the results of his investigation of the Platinum process but I’ll put the link here in case someone has not...

http://aic.stanford.edu/jaic/article...-002_indx.html

It is unfortunate that many of the old formulas have been lost but much remains to be discovered. I found it interesting that Mr. Gottlieb cites that ‘the printing-out platinum process introduced by Pizzighelli in 1887 was short-lived, owing to its inconsistency’... so now it is indeed certain that I shall try printing-out platinum as consistency is not an issue for me... all of my images are one-offs and I enjoy a little bit of chaos.

I’ll also tag this question to this thread as it relates to my post above...

Does anyone have any information on the Ferro-tannic/Ferro-gallic papers that were the invention of A. Poitevin in the mid 1800’s.... I can only find one very lean reference on the web. It involves the reduction of ferric salts resulting in deep purple tones.... I think I may have some cross-pollination going on with my platinum and it’s organic tannin developer as these are the tones I am getting... I am trying to figure out if I have two processes manifesting themselves in the same image. Any sliver of insight on this would be sincerely appreciated.