Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley
aint much more fun than the adventure of a tripod, a camera, 3-4 layers of clothing, -20F without the windchill factor, 25mph wind gusts and no one else around to bother you!

and dont forget the silence.
I have to agree... I recall February 2004 - Photographing the "Grande Chutes" in Quebec. It is quite a piece back in the hills along some logging trails, followed by a good hike through thigh deep snow. My brother came with me, we took take two Jeeps (in case one got stuck or broke down), it was -20 with a bit of a breeze. Lets just say my cable release was no longer flexible... After an hour of working with no gloves (using the Arca-Swiss) I had managed to take a few pictures. My fingers were numb, my brother finally had the fire going and the water boiling for some soup to go with our lunch. That is when I realized I left the soup in the Jeep. We had a good laugh, packed up and hiked back to the Jeeps. (hey, at least I didn't forget any camera gear). I took a can of smoked Herrings (in a hot sauce of course) and mixed it in with some cold KD... When you are that cold and hungry it tasted like a gourmet meal....

Photographing in the winter can be an amazing experience...