I'll chime in, now that I 'm back from the workroom. I really like the Nuarc unit I have - its a 26-1K. I picked it up used on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars, and since then I've put about $250 dollars in parts into it. I had to replace the vacuum pump, the mat, and the bulb at various times over the last 2 years since I bought it. I have found Nuarc to be VERY responsive to problems, and I always get the parts, even though my machine is probably 15-20 years old. The only downside as I see it is that they are a little slower than a good fluorescent box, but very much more accurate in the exposure because of the built in light integrator. I still have a fluorescent tube box for working with POP processes such as Van Dyke, POP paper and Zia, where you need to examine the print. The vacuum frame is my favorite part, because my prints are always sharp, which is something I cannot say about my 16x20 printing frame. The problem gets worse as the negatives get larger. A printing frame works well up to 8x10. For larger than 8x10 negs, you have to be obsessively careful about ensuring complete contact between the negative and the print when using a printing frame. The vacuum frame on the nuarc unit makes this part mindless. If the pressure gauge reads 12psi, I know I will have a sharp print. If you're serious, get one.

Clay