Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
The posts in this thread is making me have second thoughts about changing to Nikon.
The best advice is to go to a shop and handle one yourself. I've had one for about five years and think it is the best ergonomically-designed camera I've ever seen (compared with Canon, Minolta, Pentax, etc.), however, that's just a personal opinion. YMMV.

I have a Pentax MZ7 and simply taking the leader and feeding it beyond the first couple of teeth on the take up sprocket has never failed.
On the F/N80 slip in the canister, pull the leader across to the red line and close the back. That's it, done.

There is an ISO section on the programme dial which is easy to use as well.
Likewise on the F80. If you're using non-DX coded canisters, a film outside its auto range or would just like to change from the auto-set ISO rating then set the program dial to ISO and dial-in the new rating using the command wheel (under your right index finger). You can even change a custom function so that the camera will not automatically pick up the DX rating.

Quinten - If you can't get hold of a manual try and get hold of a Magic Lantern Guide for it. It not only tells you what the camera can do but also why you might want to do it!