Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
Aluminum foil eh? I bet you'd get some REALLY interesting looks doing that in public!

- Randy
There are always a few fashion victims who will envy him for how well his bellows matches his hat...

I had in fact considered draping the dark cloth over the bellows before pulling the dark slide, but was concerned about the weight inducing a sag that would cause vignetting. The fact the current owner has made successful images with it suggests it's an overall translucency rather than one or more localized leaks; this is a problem for which Aletta had a reputation, I'm afraid. However; he usually shoots Efke 25, and I tend much more toward ISO 100 or faster films. I quite like Fomapan 100 and 320TXP, the latter of which especially would require some pretty fast work with the dark slide to avoid significant fog.

Bellows repair kits, flexible fabric paint, etc. are high on the list of possibilities, especially when not trying to patch an existing hole. I like the idea of a Velcro fastened black sleeve for the bellows, and I agree I could probably do that for around $5, starting at the remnant table of the local Jo-Ann Fabrics. Unfortunately, my sewing machine got left behind when I moved from Seattle. Maybe I could do the job with basting glue...