Alex, this is a good thing to think about. If you are really looking into the quality of your work, seeing room for improvement and evaluating its shortcomings, it can only improve and grow! One reason I went into b&w three years ago was my inability to "see" in terms of color and composition any more. I was stagnant, dull, lifeless in my seeing. After living in this desert for more than 30 years, I was just tired. I went out three weekends running and didn't take a picture, not one shot. This led to a change which was good for me. At the time it wasn't too pleasant, but now I see it as a part of learning.

This has been a good year for me. I have about 6 decent images which I think are well seen and executed. There are still the "flops" from time to time (ok, still pretty regular), but it is nice to look back on 2005 and see progress in my technique and vision. I would be willing to bet that if you took your three best images from this year, you would be pleased with them. Striving for perfection is good, knowing we won't ever make it is the challenge, but we still try. Make 2006 better! tim