I was more of a general photographer for many years, shooting both color and B&W, mostly 35mm, although I dabbled with 6x6 for a while. I got my first 4x5 about 15 years ago, but didn't do much with it; about 5 years ago I got serious with it. I shot about 60% B&W for years (mostly Ilford), but in the past 20 years or so, I have gravitated to almost shooting exclusively color; last year for example, I shot 20 sheets of B&W and between 500 and 600 sheets of Velvia. The work of photographers like Jack Dykinga and Joe Cornish interest me much more than Ansel Adams. Likewise, I used to hate the work of people like Lisl Dennis, because of her constant use of wide angle lenses, but now I find that I am using my 80mm and 135mm 95% of the time (LF).

I am reading a book now called "Landscape Within" by David Ward. It is an excellent book, mostly about the ethics and philosophy behind photography - mostly landscape photography, and why it moves us. I highly recommend it, if you are interested in this type of thing.