These private workshops are for photographers seeking one-on-one instruction in darkroom technique. They are held year round at my home in the Rocky Mountains of Southern Colorado.

While each workshop is tailored to the interests and goals of the photographer, techniques found in my three books, The Darkroom Cookbook, The Variable Contrast Printing Manual, and The Film Developing Cookbook are emphasized. These include film development, VC printing using filter sets and/or split printing, dodging and burning, print flashing, bleaching, toning, archival processing, and more advanced techniques, depending on the skill level of the photographer. There will also be time for testing film and developers.

Each intensive workshop is 5-days, Sunday through Friday, and designed for individuals or two persons enrolling together. Your personal goals are determined based on a questionnaire, personal telephone interview, and a portfolio review on Monday morning.

Workshops include chemistry and paper (students will need to bring their own film for testing). Lodging at the Willow Creek Inn, including a private room and bath, full breakfast and dinner, is available.

For those photographers who are looking for field work I also offer large format, landscape, portrait, and lighting workshops.

For more information on my private workshops, please visit my web site, www.anchellworkshops.com/workshops. You can also call or email me at 719-256-4157, sanchell@ctelco.net or APUG pm. I look forward to working with you to improve your photography skills.