Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray
Take your wellies.
Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
There is a small island called Seil just south of Oban
Quote Originally Posted by Mono
Durness and the North coast is worth visiting or anything north of Ullapool
Thank you all so much! I wish I had APUG around when I did a lot of my earlier trips. Judging by what I am being told, the north is the place. I've never made it further north that Stornoway on Lewis and now feel compelled to go first into uncharted territory north and work my way back into more familiar places. A lot will depend upon the weather as well.

Struan... I am always interested in cheat-sheet locations!

Quote Originally Posted by Manalishi
...may I ask when you plan to visit iceland? winter, spring, summer? and what regions you prefer?
I am hoping to do the ICeland trip in September Manalishi. I was also hoping for a Winter trip, but decided on Scotland for now. I just need to get out there and work and figured less familiar territory would get the creative juices flowing.

My favorite places in Iceland would have to be in the east as well as the south coast near Vik. I love the area around Hofn. The only area I cannot speak of as of yet are the northwest fjords. Haven't been there.... yet. As for time of year... Spring has become my favorite, The place comes alive and the sound of birds is incredible.

Thanks again everyone!

Bill