Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
A great source for shooting waterfalls is the Waterfall Walks and Drives books by Mark Morrison: Theres a book for the area you're wanting to see.
Great book, very helpful, available on Amazon. There is a park ranger station with a bookstore loaded with waterfall books, maps, videos. About a mile NE of Brevard at the intersection of rts 276, 64 and 280. Go into the park on rt. 276 about a mile or less. On the right is the ranger station.

The cliché and most viewed/photographed falls is about 2 miles up rt 276. 60 foot fall, viewing place at curb side. I literally lifted the 8x10 out of the back of the SUV, set up six feet from the car and got a great picture. Yes it is a cliché, but a lovely one.

We enjoyed www.chimneyrockpark.com and the 404 foot falls. This is ¾ mile up a rough jeep trail. It is marked wheel chair accessible, but if carrying big camera gear, only if Bobcat has started making wheel chairs. There is a fee for entrance to this park, check web site.

My wife and I stayed in a bed & breakfast in Brevard for three days last June and loved the area. 60% of the new residents in the county are retired. They came there because it is really nice, good food, clean, good value for the $, people are friendly.

Don’t know about a ski lift in the summer, but next trip we plan to stay at the Pisgah Inn. You have a room, restaurant and view at the top at a good price. See review http://www.ajc.com/travel/content/tr...pisgahinn.html . Caution if you are going when there is still snow. It is about a mile east of rt 276 and Blue Ridge Parkway. The signs say they close the road when it snows.
I notice their web site is closed now, so maybe the hotel is, hopefully only for the winter.

Enjoy, we did.

John Powers