Welcome edye. I'm fairly new here, but I feel much like you do. I wish I was only 33 though - and you think you're a dinosaur!

I'm similarly thinking about medium format, after 30 years of only Polaroid and 35mm. I may be getting an old Rolleiflex TLR soon. I like things uncomplicated, but manual. Would love to get a new Rolleiflex 2.8GX if I ever win the lottery

I can take nice enough pictures with my current Nikon F80, but I just don't get the same satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment as when I used the manual Pentax SLRs I had before.

I think the TLR's just remind me of the Kodak Brownie I used when I was a kid. A box with a lens. Even today, I look at B&W pictures my family took with those, and there is no grain whatsoever. They also have a certain buttery smooth tonality that I think is just not achievable with 35mm. I also always loved the square format of the Polaroid SX-70 I got in 1974 and still have. Square format, uncomplicated design (basically a box with a lens) - Rolleiflex seems just right, especially since it has to be affordable by a mere mortal.