Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto
There are little gadgets that screw into the cable-release socket in a shutter release to provide a larger release button. You could probably find one at an older camera store that has lots of ends and odds left over from the old days when photography was a gadget trap.
I believe they called them "soft shutter release buttons". I have them on an old F and nikkormats. It gives a larger button and provides more sensitivity when "mashing" the shutter release. I like them.