Back to the original topic. You are right to be concerned about handling concentrated sulfuric acid. It is a heavy, viscous liquid that can be quite difficult. The measuring container should be dry, although a speck of moisture will not be a problem. Concentrated sulfuric acid does emit noxious fumes (sulfur dioxide) in a moist or even high humidity situation. They are not usually a problem unless you really get your nose in them. If you spill any of the acid, immediately (_immediately_!!!) flood the area of the spill with plenty of water, and keep the water going for several minutes. If you spill it on your clothing, strip off the clothing immediately and flood any area that may even possibly touched the acid with water. Then wash out the clothing, which will be ruined. This sort of thing happens all the time in the lab, which is why lab workers wear safety glasses and all sorts of protective gear. At the very least, wear glasses and an apron. Rubber gloves help too, if you can handle the glassware decently with them.

The substitute bleach using sodium bisulfate is probably a good idea. The bisulfate forms (dilute) sulfuric acid when it is dissolved in water. Dichromate is a possible carcinogen, but it is OK to handle small quantities (and even dispose of them down the drain in most places) without any significant danger. Permanganate has been used as a substitute bleach, but I don't have a formula handy. You might check the Kodak website under motion picture processing. (I think the document is H-34, but I'm not sure.)