I have a few guidlines that have served me well when buying camera equipment on ebay that I thought I would share.
1. I never buy camera equipment from anyone with less than 50 feedback points.
2. I never buy camera equipment from anyone with less than 100% positive feedback, unless they have over 150 feedback points.
3. I never buy camera equipment from anyone with less than 97% positive feedback regardless of how many feedback points they have.
4. I never buy camera equipment from anyone that says " I don't know a lot about camera equipment, but...(fill in the blank) "
5. I never bid on something without a clear picture of the item. ( If they can't shoot a clear photo of the item, then they probably don't know much about photography or what they are selling ).
I have always received good quality equipment when purchasing on ebay as long as I have followed my guidlines and have only received marginal equipment when I have ignored my guidlines and bid anyway on something.
Does anybody else have any thing that they look for when bidding on ebay items?