Quote Originally Posted by sanking
Just curious where you saw spiral BL tubes for sale? So far I have only seen BBB.
Don't know that I have seen BL spirals, as opposed to BL-B. Straight tubes come in both, but my brain was sufficiently overloaded trying to keep track of prices and such when I was looking at them that I might well have thought I'd seen something I didn't.

In any case, what I've been thinking about is *2* of the BL-B spirals (about $25 plus shipping for a pair) mounted in a pair of $7 reflector clamp lights, which would be stapled in place on a board or similar mount to give them a fixed location. I think two such lamps would let me get even enough light to print 8x10, and I don't have other equipment to support even that size yet -- a single would probably work for 5x7 and smaller.

First, however, I plan to try Cyanotype Rex, which I've heard is fast enough to allow in-camera negatives and paper-to-paper contact prints -- which implies it might also be usable for actual enlargements under a cold light head...