Quote Originally Posted by Bradfordclimber
FOR SOMEONE WHO'S SHOPPING FOR A GREAT OUTDOOR TRIPOD MY SUGGESTION IS TO GO GITZO OVER GIOTTO IN SPITE OF ADDITIONAL $$$$$
HERE'S A LINK WHY--http://www.nextag.com/Giotto-MT-8180-Carbon--zz60695153z0z0z3z1zgiotto_tripodzBa6z1--READ-REVIEWS-html

ALSO I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A GITZO USER HAVING THESE MAJOR TYPE PROBLEMS.

A LOT OF THE MANUFACTURING GOODS THAT EVOLVE FROM THE FRENCH ARE SUBPAR IN MY EXPERIENCE--RENAULT, GIOTTO ETC. ALTHOUGH IN FAIRNESS I MUST SAY THAT PETZL (FRENCH) CLIMBING GEAR IS VERY GOOD..... LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WELL MADE? GENERALLY ITALIANS AND BRITS MAKE GOOD STUFF. AS BEST I KNOW VELBON IS A U.K. BRAND AND BOGEN/MANFROTTO AND GITZO ARE ITALIAN. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

Turn you caps key off and stop YELLING, your first post here and your going to YELL at people and cause an argument? As far as Gitzo, they are good, but I have had two seperate tripods over the years made by them, that have had to go back to the factory to be fixed, one that was less than 2 months old and it collapsed with my 600 f/4 lens on it, so it happens to everybodies products.

Geeze..

Dave