The easier method would be to place an IR filter over the reflector. This has been done in the past by various people with good effect. As long as the bulb is coated to control bursting, which most common bulbs were in the end, you should be fine. If you use a plastic protector over the reflector you should be able to tape the edges of the filter to that cover.

- Randy