Just a thought... One of the great advantages of the Zone VI modified meter is that it has become something of an objective standard in the LF community. In the same light, e.g., bright sunlight, tungsten, etc., my Zone VI should read the same as your Zone VI.

One of things I've noticed over the last 10 years in a drive to certain standards in large format. As one particular example, if you're in the John Sexton camp you use TMAX 100 rated at 64 and rotary process in a JOBO using TMAX RS at 1:9. People have even published his development times for different contrast ranges! Like his work or not, it's a methodology that can be duplicated without becoming his photographic assistant.

Use of this meter could be very helpful for someone new to B&W large format. If he reads in a magazine or a forum, "I use a Zone VI meter. I rate HP5+ at 320 and place the important shadows in zone IV and if the contrast range doesn't exceed 5 stops, I develop for 8 minutes in a JOBO using Rollo Pyro at 68F." This kind of thing gets you to a passable technique fairly quickly, allowing you concentrate on the contents and composition of your picture.