I use a home made version of the analyzer pro. In my case the analyzer records the most dense, and least dense values from the easel, and from this I get both exposure and contrast information. I feed these values into a calculator of sorts and come out with the split filter timing for #00 and #5 times.

The advantage of this method is that I can see if I have a problem on the negative that I can correct using burning, dodging and split filter burning and dodging. For example I can see if part of the image has too much contrast to print, then tame that portion down.

It works, however I have recently been stung by batch to batch differences in the paper I use, the result is that I had to make multiple sets of calculator constants to compensate for the different batches of paper.

One last comment, sometimes what you think you want from the print is not what you really want. In other words the analyzer will help you get what you ask for, but that may not be the way you want the print to look once you process it. Sometimes I think I should spend more time looking at my proof sheet to figure out what I really want the final print to look like before jumping the gun and creating a print.