Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath
in another thread, which i started this morning, their is some reluctance to discuss issues that some say have already been addressed

so what!
Some issues have been addressed, many ad nauseam. It is considered polite to search the older threads before starting a new one on an old topic.

hasn't everything already been done?
Yes, but no. Not by me, at least

why photograph a sunset? it's been done
Not exactly that sunset from that position at that time, it hasn't!

why photograph a beautiful woman? it's been done
Again - not that beautiful woman on that time by that photographer. Besides I've never felt a need to "justify" photographing beautiful women. Excapt sometimes to my wife...

why discuss an issue that has already been addressed? by who? when? maybe i want up to date feedback on the issue
Then find the old thread and add to it. It will show up in the recent posts, and the discussion will take off again.

why endlessly discuss stuff that tries to second guess issues that highly trained people have already worked out? is that all that is done on this site?
Not all, but it seems to be an important part. Yet once in a while new knowledge comes out of it, or old knowledge that was all but forgotten is "exhumed" and reenters the common knowledge. That's valuable, IMO. And some of the "highly trained people" are frequent contributors here, too.